Unmatched Experience and Expertise
Since 1986, CONEXIS, a Word & Brown Company, has been a recognized leader in employee benefits administration. With headquarters in Irving, TX and a service center in Orange, CA, we employ more than 500 professionals who are firmly committed to providing outstanding service to our clients and their participants.
It’s a Matter of Trust
More than 25,000 organizations of all sizes – from local businesses to America’s largest employers – trust us to administer their employee benefits programs. We have a proven track record of meeting the demanding needs of various types of organizations, including corporations, state and local governments, third-party administrators, and business process outsourcing companies, as well as insurance carriers and health plans.
Outstanding Service is Guaranteed
We are constantly evaluating our performance to make sure we deliver on our promise of service of unequalled excellence. We are so confident in our ability to exceed industry standards – and your expectations – that we provide performance guarantees to all clients, regardless of size.
- 1986: Word & Brown, parent company of CONEXIS, becomes one of the first companies in the nation to specialize in COBRA administration.
- 1990: Section 125 cafeteria plan administration is added to our list of product offerings.
- 1995: Leading-edge technology and outstanding customer service help the company to become one of the top providers of COBRA and FSA administrative services in California.
- 1998: CompLink is founded with the mission of assisting clients with COBRA, HIPAA, FSA, and Direct Bill administration services.
- 2000: CompLink continues its rapid growth due to innovative and cost-effective technology, supported by superior customer service.
- 2001: CONEXIS expands beyond California and embarks on an aggressive growth campaign to expand to a national marketplace.
- 2003: Recognizing the value of joining the “best of the best,” CONEXIS acquires CompLink to create the nation’s leading provider of COBRA and HIPAA administrative services, Direct Bill services for retirees and employees on a leave of absence (LOA) or FMLA leave, flexible spending accounts, and Section 132 Commuter Benefits plans.
- 2004: CONEXIS introduces the industry’s first – and only – performance standards and guarantees program for all clients, regardless of size.
- 2005: CONEXIS launches an internal program focused on creating an automated and paperless environment to increase efficiency, eliminate waste, and reduce our impact on the environment.
- 2006: CONEXIS establishes a Six Sigma program to drive process improvements throughout the organization.
- 2007: CONEXIS further strengthens its position as the leading FSA administrator by establishing robust electronic explanation of benefits (EOB) rollover capabilities for multiple carriers.
- 2009: CONEXIS introduces the CONEXIS Card System and the CONEXIS Elite Visa® Benefit Card, a proprietary benefit card and processing system with advanced features that make paying for eligible expenses easier than ever.
- 2011: CONEXIS expands the functionality of the Elite Benefit Card with enhancements that include real-time alerts and exclusive online management tools.
About Word & Brown
The Word & Brown Companies include the Word & Brown® General Agency, the leader in developing and distributing health benefit plan models and solutions to licensed brokers in California and Nevada; CHOICE Administrators®, the nation’s only private health insurance exchange administering healthcare programs for more than 10,000 employers covering as many as 200,000 members since 1996; CONEXIS, the nation’s oldest and most trusted employee benefits administrator, providing COBRA/HIPAA, FSA, Commuter Benefits, and Direct Bill services to thousands of clients nationwide; Quotit® Corporation, the leading Internet application service provider for the health insurance and employee benefits industry; and HealthCompare, an innovative and personal approach to helping individuals and families easily research, compare, buy and enroll in the right health insurance plan at the right price online.
For more information about The Word & Brown Companies, please visit